Monday, January 28, 2013

Friday Night Sew-in

On Friday I signed up for the sew in over on Heidi's blog. I had a quilt I needed to finish binding, so I hunkered down on my bed and watched tv and sewed. It was the best night.


I started this quilt over 2 years ago with my friend Colleen. It was for our mutual BFF Lauren. She was expecting baby #3, so instead of making her baby a quilt, we made her a quilt. We used a layer cake from Fig Tree Quilts (I can't remember the fabric line), and found some blocks we liked in a book. It looks gorgeous in person. I sure hope it doesn't get "lost" in the mail. For her next baby she's just getting some burp cloths. 

 On Saturday my production mojo continued. As my laundry machine did all the heavy work for me, I pieced this block from Camille's new Fireworks pattern. I love it. I'm using Seaside by Riley Blake. It's going to look so fresh and summery when it's done. Hopefully it will be done in time for summer. And by "summer," I am specifically referring to Summer 2013. Not some random summer in the future.
And finally, Mini-me has asked for a folding chair in her room. She also wants a cushion for said chair. So, she picked some fabrics from my stash and then chose a block she liked. I used one of the blocks from Jeni's Half-Square Triangle block of the month. I love it so hard I'm going to have to do the entire quilt. You know, in all my spare time.

So it was a good weekend, sewing wise. I have a huge list of things to finish in the next 2 months before baby arrives. If I only get one of them done, I will feel extremely productive.

2 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

You go girl! Looks like you're keeping plenty busy with some pretty projects. Must be that before baby burst of energy. Enjoy!!!

Mama Pea said...

Glad you had a good, productive weekend. That always feels good, doesn't it?